Monday, March 25, 2013

Gettin' Penciled on Marvelous Monday

Marvelous Monday strikes again. Hope everyone had a FABULOUS weekend, because I know I did! Today's fashion challenge between myself and four other fantastic bloggers is pencil skirts.

Our Philosophy:  Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously! Be sure to check out everyone's outfits, their links will be at the bottom. 


Shirt: Lane Bryant. Skirt: George. Sandals: Faded Glory. Earrings and Necklace: Old Navy. Cuff: Fashion Bug. Belt Target.



I decided to down play the formality of a black pencil skirt this week by pairing it with a sweatshirt type of shirt-although this is FAR  more tasteful than a regular sweatshirt with metallic thread running through and a sequined pocket. I also got it on clearance for less than $10! Since I was doing a lax look with the shirt I decided to pair it with sandals, but faux crystal encrusted ones which elevate the look a bit. And of course sticking to the theme it was topped off with gold and black jewelry. Although I love to belt outfits, this one definitely came as an afterthought, the shirt looked a little too sloppy so it just had to be brought in some and I think this belt went perfectly.


Believe it or not, this WHOLE outfit was probably under $60!

Please ignore the crappy almost all the way chipped paint job on my finger nails, I forgot to take the rest of it off-oops. 
Till later, let me know your thought and be sure to check out all the other wonderful women at the following sites:

Jocelyn at Fat, Fashionable, and Feminist
Sian at Sort Life Out: Buy Milk
L at Goodbye Hollywood
Sarah at The Ridiculous Sort

18 comments:

  1. Ooooh, interesting outfit! I think black pencil skirts can lean very corporate workwear, so its really nice seeing you style it more casual, but still chic. Also, I'm really impressed that this outfit is less than $60, what a bargain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top and belt! Following you now. Hi! x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the belt with the top! I think this is just a great look overall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! I have to say though my favorite part is the level of sass happening in the pics, haha! You're rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, and the sass was totally unintentional lol.

      Delete
  5. nice love the neutral colors together

    new site here www.islandchic77.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the concept of marvelous mondays! Your outfit looks great and i love the gold sweat shirt top with the skirt! You looks great!

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Marvelous Mondays is kind of fun. If your interested in joining you can go over to Jocelyn's page and contact her about it.

      Delete
  7. Nice look! I really like the gold accents and that belt is a great addition to an already cute outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit, I really love that jumper, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit hun!! I like the belt, it really pulls a simple outfit together :)

    http://littleowlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got back from my trip, and I'm loving everyone's last Marvelous Monday outfits :) You look great, and I love that top!

    ReplyDelete