Friday, September 12, 2014

90's Ode

I totally went on a shopping spree. I've been pretty good lately about not blowing money on clothing, until I have these shopping binge attacks and then spend a ridiculous amount of money at one time. This time it was Torrid and Kmart. It all started when my daughter and I met her grandma at the mall for lunch, and then we decided to walk around and browse. I, of course, went to Torrid and they were having BOGO 50% off on regular priced merchandise and a total BOGO on clearance. I walked out with 3 dresses and one shirt. Super irritating though, after I got home I was planning on wearing the shirt to work the next day and noticed the woman left the security tag on, so I now need to make a trip back to get the dang thing removed.


Dress: Torrid. Coat and Earrings: Old Navy. Boots: Target. Necklace: Target.


This outfit is a bit 90's looking to me. I remember it being in style to wear the baby doll dresses and combat boots. Now being a grown ass woman, I can't bring it that far, but here is my ode to the 90's baby doll and combat boot style. I really love this dress though. The coloring is gorgeous. The material is a bit strange, a sort of mesh on the top layer; I'm not complaining about it, it's just a little different is all. I'm happy I found it (actually my daughter found it), but it was the last one in the store. And it's a size too big, although with this sort of style it doesn't really make too much of a difference.


And on a side note, am I the only one super excited that Halloween is getting closer? I don't know maybe I'm weird, but I've always been a huge horror movie and haunted house fan so it only stands to reason that Halloween would be right in there too. I haven't bought our costumes yet, but my daughter and I are going as dia de los muertos.

5 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm excited about halloween too! Its no-where near the deal in Australia than it is in the USA, but I love an excuse to get dressed up and party!

    Loving that shade of blue on you, you look gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, this is probably one of my all time favorites.

      Delete
  3. Cute look hunni! I've been shopping too much as well. I have a trip coming up and I need to stop spending!!! LOL. I love dressing up for Halloween so I'm super excited as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete