Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cultured in Cherry Blossom

I was recently looking through all the fairly local museums in my area and found that almost all of them have set days of the month that are free, so I decided to take advantage of that and have an outing to two of them in Tacoma. My daughter, mom, and I visited the Washington State History Museum and the Museum of glass. We had a good time, but I was a little disappointed in the Museum of Glass. The outside stuff was cool, but once entering the museum I wasn't all that impressed.


Dress: Torrid
Purse: Kathy Van Zeeland
Shoes: LEI
Bolero: Last Kiss
Necklace: Target
Earrings: Walmart







This dress is SOOOO pretty, it reminds me of a dress Torrid had last year that I regretted not getting, except that one was a peacock pattern. Pattern wise Cherry Blossom and Peacock are definitely my favs, they always have such vibrant, rich coloring that there is really nothing not to love about them. The only downside of this dress is that is has this under-layer that the bottom 6 inches are this scratchy sort of tulle that I am not real fond of, but it's not a huge detriment. I generally have been a fan of Torrid dresses, minus the price, which is why I very really order from them right when I see something that I love, I will wait for a good coupon or sale (although that's also how I missed the peacock dress).

9 comments:

  1. I love how you two were color coordinated- too cute!!! And that's a great idea about the museums. I need to look into that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wish I knew that the museums did that before, I would have been going long before this. By the way, September 29 is national Smithsonian free museum day, if you go to the web site it will give you a list of all participating museums and they email you tickets for the one you want to go, check it out.

      Delete
  2. That dress is so pretty and you are GORG! Can I pretty please have your beautiful, flawless skin! WOW! Your little one is a cutie batootie. The glass museum looks super cool from the pic too bad it wasn't as grand inside. Thank you for all of your sweet comments. Kiah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wish I could say I have flawless skin, unfortunately not though, I have bouts of acne; thank heavens for cover up and foundation! lol

      Delete