Monday, April 22, 2013

Art Inspired Marvelous Monday

 Happy Monday y'all! It's marvelous Monday again, but I got a little confession, I kind of cheated and did my outfit yesterday. It was my birthday, and I knew that I was going to need some recovery time after the weekend, so I made it an appoint to do the outfit last night at dinner.  

Our Philosophy for Marvelous Monday: Monday is nobody's favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We're on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously! Be sure to check out the other blogs, links will be provided at the bottom. 

Today's challenge is to be inspired by art. I don't know that there is anything particularly arty about the dress, by my purse is definitely art. It is a replica of Botticelli's Birth of Venus painting.  I've always loved Renaissance art, and specifically this painting; so about 10 years ago when I was attending the the Shakespeare Festival in Oregon and saw this purse I had to have it. My purse is now beat up, faded, and slightly stained, but I don't think I could ever get rid of this one. The last art inspired piece is the shoes because they remind me of a Monet floral painting, although a little more abstract.


Dress: Lane Bryant. Shoes: Guppy Love by Blowfish. Purse: Purchased in Ashland Oregon at boutique, unsure of designer or name of store. Necklace: Fashion Bug. 








Jocelyn at Fat, Fashionable, and Feminist
Sarah at The Ridiculous Sort
Sian at Sort Life Out; Buy Milk
L at Goodbye Hollywood

10 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I definitely like your inspiration, and I think works wonderfully with the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I really like your bag. I hope you had a great birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you had a great birthday too!

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday!

    That purse is amazing! Gorgeous print, same with those shoes. Your daughter's outfit is cute too, she is stylish just like her mum! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My daughter loves clothes too.

      Delete
  4. Love the shoes and bag!!!

    Your daughter looks adorable!! :-)

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete