Monday, April 22, 2013

Art Inspired Marvelous Monday

 Happy Monday y'all! It's marvelous Monday again, but I got a little confession, I kind of cheated and did my outfit yesterday. It was my birthday, and I knew that I was going to need some recovery time after the weekend, so I made it an appoint to do the outfit last night at dinner.  

Our Philosophy for Marvelous Monday: Monday is nobody's favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We're on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously! Be sure to check out the other blogs, links will be provided at the bottom. 

Today's challenge is to be inspired by art. I don't know that there is anything particularly arty about the dress, by my purse is definitely art. It is a replica of Botticelli's Birth of Venus painting.  I've always loved Renaissance art, and specifically this painting; so about 10 years ago when I was attending the the Shakespeare Festival in Oregon and saw this purse I had to have it. My purse is now beat up, faded, and slightly stained, but I don't think I could ever get rid of this one. The last art inspired piece is the shoes because they remind me of a Monet floral painting, although a little more abstract.


Dress: Lane Bryant. Shoes: Guppy Love by Blowfish. Purse: Purchased in Ashland Oregon at boutique, unsure of designer or name of store. Necklace: Fashion Bug. 








Jocelyn at Fat, Fashionable, and Feminist
Sarah at The Ridiculous Sort
Sian at Sort Life Out; Buy Milk
L at Goodbye Hollywood

10 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I definitely like your inspiration, and I think works wonderfully with the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I really like your bag. I hope you had a great birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!

    That purse is amazing! Gorgeous print, same with those shoes. Your daughter's outfit is cute too, she is stylish just like her mum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shoes and bag!!!

    Your daughter looks adorable!! :-)

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete