Monday, April 15, 2013

Breaking the rules: brown and black

Today is Marvelous Monday! But in all honesty I actually forgot until a couple of hours ago. I didn't do anything today except make a trip to Walmart; hence the very limited makeup of only mascara and the super casual outfit. Today's theme was breaking the rules. Had I remembered earlier, I probably would of come up with a more controversial outfit- oh well though, this is what you get! Brown and black, I never really have understood why people say not to put them together, or black and navy for that matter, I rather like 'em. I guess you could add another rule breaker in there too, the skull on the shirt is leopard print and I have seriously heard people come up with things like fat women shouldn't wear animal print, or that animal print is trashy looking-all I can say is fuck them. 

I have done a couple of other posts about "the rules" that can be viewed here and here

Our Philosophy for Marvelous Monday: Monday is nobody's favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We're on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing Marvelously!

Be sure to check out the other women's posts, links will be provided at the bottom of the page. 


Shirt: Miss Popular from Ross. Black Jeans: Torrid. Shoes: Nicole from Ross. Rose Gold Jewelry: Old Navy.


I thought about adding a brown jacket, but it was a little warm so I didn't feel like dealing with it.


18 comments:

  1. Cute casual look!

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It blended in so well.

    ririzmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. simple amazing style!
    love your site, hope you follow back <3

    www.malesclutch.blogspot.com
    Sergio,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be checking you out, and thank you!

      Delete
  4. Love this look, that top is gorgeous. I've never understood the whole don't mix brown and black, I really like the combination. And plus size people rock the heck out of leopard print. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I agree. I really would like someone to break the rule down for me, I've never heard a justification-just don't do it. lol

      Delete
  5. I love the top so much. Leopard print rocks, all day every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will totally rock me some leopard! ha ha

      Delete
  6. I don't understand why people say black and brown shouldn't be paired together either, I think they look good together and the way you paired it looks great. Also I don't know what people think bigger people shouldn't wear animal print, that's dumb, you look great animal print. :) I really like your theme this week, good job! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the leopard print thing is because it's considered a "sexy" print, and therefore if you are over weight you are therefore not entitled to look sexy, idk.

      Delete
  7. Nice casual look! I love breaking fashion "rules" and this pairing shows how ridiculous that rule is anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and they are totally ridiculous!

      Delete